Thursday, April 2, 2009

Trip to the Mid West and Good News!

So I will start with the good news....we are officially approved for adoption! YEA!!!! You probably figured this out because I made this blog private a couple weeks ago. That was with the good intentions that our adoption blog would be up and running by then but sadly that has not happened yet. Hopefully soon! So a couple of weeks ago Eme and I flew to Omaha so I could play Mom to my niece and nephew for a little while. It was interesting that the day before I left to become a mom to three for a little bit we were officially approved to add to our family. Good thing it went pretty well or I might have changed my mind! Probably the worst thing about the trip was getting there and back. Eme was not really loving the plane ride. I keep telling myself it could have been worse. She could have screaming the WHOLE plane ride instead of just part way. So here are some pictures from our exciting trip... .My sister in law Janel always talks about how fun the Children's Museum is out there so the kids and I decided to give it a try. It was fun for them but I almost had a breakdown trying to keep track or 2 toddlers and a 4 1/2 year old! Needless to say we didn't stay too long. But I did get these cute pictures out of it.Kambryn loved this thing that had air coming out of it so you could suspend balls in the air. It was so funny!

The kids at Cheese Burger in Paradise Kyle had to take me out to West Omaha and show me around. We took the kids to dinner and they were very well behaved! The girls keep dancing to the music.

I quickly learned if we were outside the kids were a lot happier and therefore so was I. Too bad the weather got bad after I had only been there a couple days. We braved the cold anyway!
My good friend Daisie lives in Kansas City which is about 2 1/2 hours away from Omaha. So over the weekend when my brother didn't have school or work, Eme and I headed down there. We had a great time. Daisie and I got in a little shopping, ate at my favorite places and took the kids to a Wizard of Oz celebration. We lived it up, Kansas style! This was so funny. This is the part where the witch melts and it kept scaring the other kids but Eme loved it! She just kept pushing the button to have her do it over and over! She kept kissing those freaky looking monkeys too! I think she is going to be a little dare devil!




Samantha and Eme climbing up the yellow brick slide. They went down this thing like a million times. Poor Sadie was scared of everything and just watched.









The kids and I at the famous Omaha Zoo.


Daisie and I decided that hanging out for the weekend wasn't enough time so she drove up to Omaha the day after I left. It was interesting to say the least. About 10 minutes after she got there the sirens started going off because we were under a tornado warning. So she and I went in the basement and hung out with 4 two or almost two year olds! It was so funny watching 4 girls that are almost the exact same age! They actually got along pretty well. I felt bad for my poor nephew being the only kid over 2 and the only boy but he seemed to enjoy himself and they all loved him! After the tornado warning ended (it was just a bad storm) we went downtown to look around and get some ice cream. The next day we took the kids to the zoo and then Daisie and the girls headed back to Kansas City. The day after that Janel came home and brought us all fun souvenirs! Later that day Eme and headed to the airport for another long trip home.



Overall it was a fun trip and the great thing is that having 3 kids doesn't scare me! Of course my niece and nephew are well behaved so as long as I have the same luck, bring on the kids! One at a time, of course!

9 comments:

Colleen said...

How fun Kristen! I am jealous you got to see Daisie and her cute girls!! I'm glad you had fun and I'm super excited that you got approved!!! YEAH!!!

Sherrie said...

What a fun trip! Funny I would never think to go there on vacation...maybe I'll have to try it sometime.

Cami said...

Sounds like you guys had a great time in Omaha! those pictures with all the kids are too cute. Yay, you guys will be expanding your family! You are such great parents so anyone will be lucky to join your family. good luck and we look forward to hearing more. with that said, if I haven't asked already.. please add us to your private blog: cami_graham@hotmail.com
keep in touch!

Coombs Family said...

Sounds like a fun trip! Glad you are back.

Liz Adams said...

HOw fun! I do love the Omaha Zoo. I've also been to that Wizard of Oz display but let's be honest...it's cooler with kids!

Daisie said...

I am so glad that we got to see you!!! We always have a blast with you! Can't wait to be doing more fun things soon!!!

Unknown said...

THANK YOU SO MUCH AGAIN!!! YOU ARE THE BEST EVER!! My kids went through total withdrawls after you and Eme left. They LOVED you!!! Thanks again and we miss you guys!! Keep us updated on the adoption thing!! LOVE YOU GUYS!!

Butterfield Family said...

I'm so glad you had a good time. I'm even more happy for you that you are going to adopt again and that you aren't afraid to have 3 kids...I'm VERY afraid! Maybe a few years from now I'll get the courage. (When Madi decides to be my little helper instead of my little whiner!)

Russ and Em said...

I love love the Omaha zoo! Wish we had that great of a zoo here. I remember the tornado warnings too. It was really quite scary but thankfully nothing ever happened to us either.


Congrats on being approved for adoption!