I can't believe of all the things to let pass by without blogging, I let my little miracle's birthday pass.
Remember her little "extras"?
It is a little weird to see her so white! Not anymore!
At 3 months old.

15 months old.
Emerson Ava Stout was born June 27, 2007 at 11:30 pm. Since we did not have a blog in those days, I am going to journal a little about that night. Eme's birth mom had asked me a couple days prior to be in the delivery room with her when Eme was born. I was, of course, thrilled. Before that the agreement was that Jeremy and I would be outside the room and then come in after she was born. So at 9:30 pm she called me to say we might want to start heading to the hospital. Jeremy was at work so I called him and told him to just be ready to leave and I would let him know what they said at the hospital. I realized once I met up with Eme's birth mom I should have just told him to leave cause it was going to happen fast. That was about 10:40 pm. I called Jeremy a little frantic after they checked her and said she was already at a 7! He left but was about a 45 minute drive away. About 25 minutes after that all the poor girl had been given was a IV and they said it was too late for anything else cause she was coming. They told her to push and after a lot of screaming (this is the part that I think that giving birth is overrated!) and after one good push, Emerson was born. To say that it happened fast was a understatement. I know I have no personal experiance but I have seen PLENTY of those Baby Stories and it always takes a lot longer than that. I always laugh when I tell people that I swear the docter didn't even catch Eme! He said, "Umm.. O.K. Baby" and I looked down and she was laying on the bed! No, look you can see her head, here are the shoulders, none of that stuff! Crazy! I remember after they cut the cord, I was a little sad they didn't ask me to do it, Eme looked over at her birth mom and I and had this look like what the crap just happened?! She looked so perfect! She hardly had any yucky stuff on her and her head was perfect cause she had no time to get a cone head. The only thing that was sad is that Jeremy didn't get there until about 5 mintues after she was born. But it took him no time at all to fall completely in love.

15 months old.
The rest of her birth story is on our adoption blog. And remember if you want, and we would love it, to post a button for our blog on your website just copy the image to your computer's hard drive, then go to your layout tab on blogger and click add gadget. The picture gadget will allow you to upload the picture and add a link to where you will be connected when you click the button, which is goodtimeswitheme.blogspot.com
I almost feel guilty wanting to see if we can get this lucky twice in a row! Somedays, like today, I so want another baby and hope and pray it won't be a long wait. And then others, I like it just being the 3 of us. Heavens knows I should have learned that my timing his not His timing a long time ago, but it is a constant battle within me. I do know that whatever will be, will be and it will be for the best. Today I just really hope the best is for Eme to be a big sister someday. Only time will tell.
2 year old Stats:
25.6 lbs (30 %) 34.6 in. (50%). Talks a lot but we are still struggling to understand everything she says. Has insane climbing ablities. We kind of forget until we go to neighbors homes and they freak out cause she is climbing up stuff that kids twice her age are. Loves Disney movies. Cars and Bolt (PUPPY!) are her faves. LOVES dogs. Any kind. Everytime she plays with one I feel like a horrible mother cause I know she really, really would love to have one. Plays well with others. Is very good at sharing. If she takes a bite of something everyone around her needs a bite. Likes nursery. We have only a couple days that there were tears. We are beginning to see the signs of full blown temper tantrums. Most of them we can calm her out of but it is getting harder. And the whining is starting! I will take a screaming baby any day over a whining toddler! I am defaintly going to have to learn patience with that! Overall she is so fun and makes me laugh every hour of every day.
3 comments:
Kambryn saw all the pictures and started saying "Go to Eme's house!" Well I should say she was yelling it so needless to say we miss you guys! Give Eme a big kiss and hug for us all.
Oh miss Eme! Our family wouldn't be the same without her and her personality.
I love the pictures in Daybreak. I do know where you took those. I noticed that spot when I was running...it's a great spot and the pictures turned out darling! What a cutie! It was great to see you guys today!
Post a Comment