Tuesday, August 4, 2009

The final continuation.....

Oh my word! What is up with the summer and no blogging?! July was supposed to be my month to get things done and it is August! Things never seem to stop. I am guessing many of you are feeling the same because I don't seem as many updates as I used to. Or blogging has lost its thrill to most of us? Probably a little of both. I do want to continue since this is my only sort of journal or scrapbook so I will continue instead of admit defeat.

So last day or our trip (yeah this would be June 8th, almost 2 months ago!) we started VERY EARLY!!!! This would be the exact moment that Jeremy and I were rethinking our decision to take our daughter with us to celebrate our 5th anniversary. We tried to make the best of our early start to the day by Jeremy serving us both breakfast in bed and then we went for a little stroll around the beautiful grounds of the condo.



Later that day my good friend Daisie and her family came to watch Eme for us so we could have a little lunch date, ALONE!!! They just happened to vacation down there at the same time and were willing to take Eme off our hands for a couple hours. It was much needed! Thanks again, you guys! Jeremy and I headed down to the strip to enjoy lunch at a place called the Burger Bar in Mandalay Palace. It was awesome! They have this thing called the Chocolate Burger...HEAVENLY!!!


After that it was off to enjoy the roller coaster at New York, New York. Good times.


Later that day after we went back to get Eme, we got out and enjoyed some more free entertainment that Vegas has to offer.






We hit the HUGE aquarium at Silverton and then went to Fremont Street. Now anyone who knows me knows I am not a stranger to Vegas but I had never been to Old Town Vegas before. I always wanted to go see the light show. So we took Eme. Lets just say, been there, done that, not going back. We got there a hour before the lights started and there is absolutely nothing for a toddler or non-drinking, non-gambling adults to do. We did get a deep fried twinkie and chocolate frozen banana for $1 each so the night wasn't a totally loss.




Right before we were going to leave they started showing advertisements above us so we thought that was as good as the light show and left. On the way back to the condo we stop at the famous Welcome to Las Vegas sign, tried to get a stranger to take a good picture and got flashed by some drunk girl trying to be funny. Oh, the joys of vacationing in Vegas.

Sadly, this is the best family shot the poor guy got.


I think this picture is so funny.
The next day before we hit the road we had lunch at our favorite place to eat in Vegas, Todia. After we had fully stuffed ourselves with all the sushi we could we said goodbye to Vegas and headed home.



Eme with her favorite, fruits and veggies!


My favorite, yummy yummy sushi!!!!

Now that I am done with this trip (FINALLY!!!!) what will I write about now? Oh yeah. I still have Eme's birthday and birthday parties, the 4th of July, our annual Silver Lake trip, oh the list goes on and on! I will get through it all! I WILL, I WILL!!!!!














2 comments:

Kara Simmons. said...

Hahaha! That picture of Eme putting her finger in Jer's ear is too cute. I love the expression on both of their faces.

Unknown said...

yay for an update. It is more than i can say for myself. We miss you guys already. Yesterday Kyle was asking the kids if they wanted to do something fun, and Kambryn said "Go to Eme's house!" I am glad they are going to be best friends and cousins forever! :)