Monday, April 18, 2011

Vegas/ Palm Springs getaway

Jer & I celebrated our anniversary a bit early this year. Our anniversary is on June 8th but being that our big trip to Colorado & Kansas is over that date we decided to celebrate last month. And we were both itching for a trip someplace warm and a little time away just him & I. We started the tradition last year that every year we will go on a little trip just the two of us.
This year we found a deal for two nights in Palm Springs & added two nights in Vegas to it. It was a blast. The perfect amount of fun activities & time to just relax and watch something on TV other than Curious George & Cars!

We left the kids in Price with Jeremy's parents & headed down South. My step brother & his family that live in St. George were good enough to have us over for dinner on the way down. Yummy. After that we headed to Vegas. The first night in Vegas we stayed at the Trump Hotel. So stinkin nice. We were so tired when we got down there due to Tayden keeping us up most of the night before that we just hung out in the room.
K I know the picture is weird but I just had to get a picture of the awesome bathroom!

The next day we walked the strip a bit & ate at one of Jeremy's faves.


That night we went to Maggiano's. I have heard so many people rave about it lately & after eating there I know why! Delish!
We also saw Blue Man Group that night. I have been to Vegas WAY too many times to count but had never seen a show. So glad we decided to do it. We both really liked it.

That night we stayed at the Golden Nugget. Its in old school Vegas on Fremont Street. We got a good deal so decided to take a chance on it. I didn't dare to do two nights but the room ended up being decent & the pool is AMAZING!!! Even though it was barely 50 degrees I was not going to stay there without going down the water slide that goes through the huge aquarium. So I went down once & ran straight to the hot tub. Yeah remember what I said about going somewhere warm? Well Vegas was about 15 degrees cooler than normal while we were there. Awesome. Oh well we still had a blast.

Pictures of the sweet pool.


The next day we left Vegas & drove to Palm Springs. The hotel we stayed at there was pretty amazing too. The crazy thing is after the amazing pool at the Golden Nugget & the insane bathroom at the Trump even a Renaissance by Marriott didn't seem quite as nice as we would think normally but it was still a super cool hotel. As part of the vacation deal we got it came with a Hummer tour through the Joshua Tree State Park. It was fun & a little awkward. It was only us & the tour guide in a Hummer than can fit 8 but we still enjoyed ourselves.



This picture makes me laugh cause it reminds me how awkward it was. It was only 50 degrees when we started the tour that morning so the tour guide suggested that I sit in the front so it wasn't so cold. Romantic. Jeremy in the back & me in the front with the tour guide.

And even though it was barely 70 degrees we got to lay out by the pool so all & all warm weather wish was granted. I wish I would have take more pictures of the hotel but this was the best part anyway.
I love these little getaways that we get to take. We are so lucky to have family that will help us with the kids so we can take this time to be together. Already counting the days till the next one & wondering if we should make this a twice a year event!


7 comments:

Kara Simmons. said...

I am glad to see the trip finally in pictures! That room at the Trump did look awesome.

Daisie said...

Those hotels looked so cool! I want to go on that slide too!! I am so so glad you and Jer take the chance to go by yourselves! That is so fun! Can't wait for you to get here!!! Love ya!

Heather said...

That looks like so much fun! I love all your pics, that last hotel looked like paradise! I'm glad that you were able to get away! Thanks so much for stopping by to visit us! It was really good to see you!!!

Russ and Em said...

I love trips with just Russ and I! I love family trips too but sometimes it is nice to remember that we are fun people that have a blast together when we are not interrupted every second, exhausted, watching cartoons, ....You get the idea! Glad you had a good time!

Val Moir said...

wow-- looks like a fun trip--

Robyn said...

We stayed at the Trump and it is a sweet hotel. I especially loved the large bathroom and tv in the vanity mirror.

Robyn said...

We stayed at the Trump and it is a sweet hotel. I especially loved the large bathroom and tv in the vanity mirror.