Jeremy and Eme will play. On Monday while I was at work Jeremy took Eme to the car show. She apparently loved it. Jeremy said she ran from car to car jumping in as soon as someone would open the door. I can't wait till she gets old enough to put her in some girlie things like dance. I am starting to get a little worried.
And now for random thoughts and pictures by Kristen Stout....
I know I shouldn't brag but sometimes I think Eme is one of the most beautiful little girls I have ever seen. I feel like it is O.K. for me to say such things since I had nothing to do with her genetic make up. One of the times during the day that I always think this is when she is getting a bath or right after she gets out. Her eyes are one of the most unique things about her and they look especially pretty when her face is all wet. I know that sounds strange so I tried to capture it is film but our camera doesn't really show details like that and Eme doesn't really get how to work it for the camera. Here is the best I could do...
I had many different thoughts while watching parts of the Inauguration yesterday. First of all pride. Pride that for most people in our country we can put hard feelings and negative thoughts away and focus on a new beginning if only for one day. People have been so harsh on Former President Bush that I thought when he was announced that people might even start booing. Thankfully nobody did or at least they weren't loud enough for the TV cameras to pick up on it. I also felt pride telling Emerson that this is the first President to be elected in her life time and his mom was Caucasian and his dad African-American just like her birth parents. She, of course, couldn't care less right now but it made me emotional (I know, ME!) thinking about it and I am sure she will care someday.
It also made me miss living out there. Most of you know that from June 2006-November 2006 we lived in Fairfax, Virginia which is about 20 miles outside of D.C. I loved being so close to so many cool things. I kept telling Jeremy the last couple of days that if we still lived out there I would have braved the crowds to go be a part of history. That would have been so cool. Watching it I realized just how clueless I am at politics. There were a few things that I was surprised or confused about. The first one was how many prayers were said at the Inauguration. I thought with the whole separation of church and state they would have put a stop to that. But I think I witnessed at least 4 prayers that were said. They were unique for sure and the benediction that was given at the actual Inauguration was down right funny but they were still there and I loved to see it. The second thing that confused me is why Senator Bennett was so important. I loved seeing him and took pride in it but a Republican from Utah? Doesn't exactly fit right in with President Obama. I am sure there was a reason I am just too clueless and lazy to figure it out. At least I am giving those of you that are political buffs a good chuckle.
Also it was my sister in law Janel's birthday on Monday and I just wanted to tell her Happy Birthday! She is so fun and we love when they are visiting. She is still a young little thing compared to me but she is getting up there! Love ya, Janel!
Soon I will be making this blog private and we will be creating a new blog that focuses on our adoption search. We aren't going through the same adoption agency because of cost so we have to do a little networking ourselves this time around. If you feel like you want to leave your email address now, go ahead but it will probably be about a month or so before we make the switch.
So there is my big bad random blog. Oh, and here is this cute picture of Eme and Kara just because.........
Aren't they cute? Love them!
5 comments:
I still have your adoption papers and I kick myself every time I forget to give them to you. So sorry you have such a forgetful sister. Eme is beautiful and you aren't biased. The picture of Eme and I is very cute! Thanks for the special spotlight!
That was a random post, but I loved reading it! First Go Eme and cars. Jantsen would have LOVED to have been there with his tom-boy cousin! :)Also Thanks for the shout out for my birthday!
You and Jeremy are wonderful parents and Emerson is so lucky to be your daughter! She is a delight to us all in the family! We pray for your comfort and answers. The Lord will bless you and Jeremy. Who knows there might be another little Emerson out there that needs Eme as their sister and you as their mother! You are amazing Kristen! love ya and miss you!!
I would love to keep reading your blog...it is so fun. Here is my e-mail address:
happyhollidays1@hotmail.com
Love,
Holli (Tharp)
I agree with the random nature of the post but sometimes you have to vent it all out. We would love to be on your private blog. Send us an email and we will email you back with our addresses that we use. Good luck with this adoption. I can only imagine how difficult this has been for you.
Loved this post and your random thoughts! I wish I could have been in D.C. with you to go to the fun event!! I don't blame you a bit for having the feelings you do! You guys are way too awesome to not have things work out again!!! I can't wait to see what happens! But I totally agree that it is SO HARD to not know what is around the corner!! Hang in there!! I love you to pieces!!!
Post a Comment