Friday, January 30, 2009

There is a tent in our living room and other random happenings

On Monday we had a big, dirty, smoke smelling tent in our living room. Jeremy went on the annual Stout brothers snow shoeing camping trip last weekend and used our new tent that we got for Christmas from my mom. He said he needed to set it up to let in air out and claimed that the only place was in our living room. I thought the garage would work quite nicely but of all things to disagree about I didn't think it was worth the argument. He and Eme had a great time in their little hut but after it made our house reek of camp fire it came down.


Eme loves bath time. She will start asking around 6 if she can take a bath. As soon as we say yes she runs into the bathroom to watch me start running the water and then "usually" follows me into her room too get undressed. Well, last week she didn't. I turned around to see her climbing on in fully dressed. She and Jeremy thought it was hilarious. I did too until I had to peel those clothes off of her.


On a sadder note, my Grandpa Walser passed away yesterday. He was such a good grandpa with an amazingly strong testimony. He and my Grandma went on 3 missions together. They were always doing things for others and I was always wanting to be a better person when I was around them. My Grandma passed away almost 5 years ago and since then he has been quite lonely. I am happy that he is finally with my Grandma. It is crazy to think that they have been apart for almost as long as Jeremy and I have been married. Another cool thing about my Grandpa was that he was a sealer in the temple and was able to perform Jeremy and I's sealing. It was so awesome to have someone you love be able to do that. I have a picture of us with him on our wedding day but I can not find it. Hopefully I will soon. We love you Grandpa Walser!

2 comments:

Kara Simmons. said...

You crazy Stouts! A tent in the living room?! Wild! Just like your child.

Heather said...

I love the pictures! I'm sorry to hear about your grandpa! I'm really excited to see you and Kara when you come down! Emmerson is sooo cute!