Thursday, June 10, 2010

6 months (and a little extra!)

Where does the time go? I think that is the question that you are always asking yourself as a parent. I was talking with Tayden's birth mom today realizing that we are fast approaching the year mark of when she emailed us for the first time and changed our lives forever. What a blessing this little man is in our lives. And how fun that he turned 6 months old on my birthday! I love that we have that in common. We had cupcakes to celebrate.


He got a little baby food also. Lucky guy.

He was not wanting to participate for the bear picture this time. This is the best I got.
Little stinker!

At his 6 month appointment he was measuring 16.4 ounces (25%) and 27 3/4 inches (85%). He seems even longer than that. I swear he the same length of some 1 year olds! Makes me so sad! It should be a rule that when you have infertility issues and don't know when or if you will have another baby that the babies that you have stay smaller longer! Doesn't that seem fair? I think so.

Some things little Tayders is doing:
SO close to crawling. He loves to get on his hands and knees & rock for awhile but then rolls onto his back.
Starting to find his voice. He will soon be a big distraction at church.
Still loves to jump. He exhausts anyone who trys to hold him. I should have huge muscles from trying to contain him but no.
Will stand for a minute or so.
Has been sitting up for about a week but still doesn't do it too often. Wants to be movin. Sitting is boring!
Has the cutest laugh in the world!!!

We love our little man!

4 comments:

Kara Simmons. said...

That Tayders sure is cute.

Heather said...

He is so cute and I'm so glad that you have him. You guys are such great parents and I think that Eme and Tayders are so lucky to have parents that love them so much.

Daisie said...

So glad I have had the chance to see the cute little guy! Can't believe he is 6 months already!!! Loved the update! And love you!!!

Unknown said...

I amo glad to bre in utah to be around u and ur cute family awhole lot more! love you guys!