Sunday, June 20, 2010

6 years

As I mentioned a couple posts ago, we decided to spend Jeremy's birthday and our anniversary with just the two of us. We, as in I, decided to try something different this year and instead of waiting for one of us to decided what to do and we don't do anything that we would take turns being in charge and surprise the other. I was in charge this year. Jeremy knew how long we would be gone and I gave him a run down of how much we would spend but other than that he knew nothing. I and he loved it! And I did pretty good keeping the surprise until 2 hours before we left and I told his brother with him listening that we were leaving for California that day. Dang! So close!
After leaving the kids Jeremy's parents we hit the open road! And yes, I did have a bit of separation anxiety leaving Tayden. O.K I almost starting crying after seeing a changing table when we stopped for gas. But I did get better.
We did A LOT of driving! But when you don't have kids to worry about the road trips go a lot faster! Our first night we stayed in Primm, Nevada. It is about 30 minutes outside of Vegas. Not a wonderful destination but a cheap hotel that doesn't scare me to shower in.

The next day we headed onto California. First stop, Burbank and Tommy Burgers. Jeremy served his in the LA area and ate here often!
Burbank is so pretty!

This is the Stake Center that Jeremy attended while there. Way cool, huh?


Later that afternoon we went to Santa Monica Pier.
Love it!


For that night I got us a hotel room in Downtown LA. We were about 5 blocks from the Staple Center. The hotel was way nice. Our hotel is in the background.


This was right outside our Hotel lobby.


That morning we got up and headed to Six Flags. We had a very enjoyable time but realised quickly that we are getting older and the amusement parks are quite as amusing anymore! We still had fun though. That night we headed back to Primm and then went and got our babies the next day.

Overall: Trip to California, lots of fun.
Having your husbands undivided attention for 3 days, priceless!!!!

Can't wait to celebrate year 7!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

congrats on 6 years. I am so glad you guys were able to get away! What a fun trip!

Butterfield Family said...

I'm so glad you two got to get away together. Looks like fun!

Ali said...

We hope today was an AMAZING day!!! We are so SORRY we couldn't make it!! I wanted to be there so bad!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!! We are so HAPPY for your family!!