Sunday, February 6, 2011

Life is good

At the beginning of January I was able to go on a fun little getaway with some of my very best friends. Val, Mindie, Daisie & I lived in an apartment complex together just before Jeremy & I got married. Nicole is their good friend from High School. We had such a blast. It was one of those trips that the day after is a little depressing & the whole way home you keep talking about the next trip. Well there better be a next trip cause I am counting the days!
I am so sad that I didn't take one picture! Thank goodness Val is not so lame & got some good ones. Thanks Val!
After all the meet ups & pick ups we were on the road Saturday morning & talked non stop until we got to St. George. Quickest drive ever. We were able to stay in Daisie's parents beautiful condo in St. George. The place was seriously so pretty. That night we ate at Olive Garden, saw a cute movie, got frozen custard & stayed up WAY late. Love it.
Motto for the trip on the fire engine!
I love trips that make you realize just how good your life is!



The second day we woke up and decided lets go to Vegas! Better places to eat & shop. So we headed down. When we got there it was 56 degrees & we thought we had just gotten to paradise! Crazy how much 10 degrees warmer can feel when it had been so cold.

And where else to eat in Vegas but Cheesecake Factory.
Has anyone else had their onion rings or pizzettes off the "Little" plates menu?! To die for! And BTW, NOT little as our stomachs we feeling later!


And a stop at the Bellagio flower room is always a must. I am really sad about not stopping at the City Center Mall though. I have seen pictures lately & it looks cool!


The girls were so sweet to indulge in a little Serendipity with me.
Jer & I went to the original in NYC so I was way excited to hear when they got one at Ceasers


The third day we went to this cute little cafe called "Twentyfive & Main" in St. George. Cute decor & way yummy smoothies. Even better when they are free thanks to Vals win at the St. George marathon that she shared with us.

I love the decor on the wall behind me & Nicole.
Wouldn't that be cute in a kitchen? Love it.


After that we did a little more shopping & headed home, still talking the whole way.

I seriously love these girls! I love my sweet hubby & kids but it was so nice to go have a girls weekend! And all the husbands were so cute to be so supportive of us going
& having this time away.
LIFE IS SOOOO GOOD!!!

6 comments:

Kara Simmons. said...

You crazy gals. Looked like a fun trip!

Daisie said...

OH...what a fun post!!!! That was such an amazing trip! I am so glad we did it!! Can't wait for next time!!! Miss you tons!!!

Heather said...

I love girl trips. I'm so glad that you had such a great time!!!

Butterfield Family said...

I couldn't agree more. That trip was so good for me. It reminded me of how much fun we had as single girls, and made me grateful for the family I had to go home to. I LOVED that we talked EVERY minute (without any interruptions from kids!) Can't wait for the next one!

Val Moir said...

When can we do another one? Or at least dinner-- lets plan for March sometime? Fun trip, fun friends!

Unknown said...

It looked like you girls were rocking in vegas! How fun!!