
So when do birthdays go from being something you look forward to, to something that you tread? For me I think it happened around my 21st birthday. At least that is the last one that I really remember looking forward to and I think that is just because I went to Vegas the week before my 21st birthday with people that were all older than me (imagine that!) and they gambled while I had to sit in the lobby cause I security guard ask for my ID and realized that I wasn't quite 21 yet. I was so rebellious in my younger days! Anyway, I guess tread is a strong word to describe how I feel about birthdays. Heavens knows that I have always liked being the center of attention and getting presents and stuff so that makes birthdays fun but the whole adding another year to my age I could do without. To quote Rachel from Friends "Can I keep all the presents and still be 29?" I feel your pain, Rachel. Well despite my hoe-hum attitude about my birthday is was still pretty fun. And being that it was on a Sunday it was like it was my birthday for 4 or 5 days instead of one! My great friends that I used to work with surprised me and my friend Jill (her birthday is on the 16th) and gave us a cake on the 15th when we got together to make jam and Jill gave me a gift certificate to go see a movie with Jeremy. I was quite surprised because we were getting together the Wednesday after my birthday to go to breakfast at Ruth's Diner (the biscuits are to die for!). That is where they gave me my gift certificate for a pedicure. You guys are awesome!
On my actual birthday, Jeremy made me my favorite breakfast: Chocolate Chip Pancakes with hash browns! Yum! He also gave me a card, that he said Eme picked out, and told me my gift was in the mail (oh, my sweet procrastinating husband!). Later that day we went to my moms where she made one of my favorite dinners. Yum, again! I had many friends and family call me that day to tell me they were thinking of me and it really made my day!
The next day I told Jeremy that he was taking me out because he couldn't on Sunday (I don't wait for surprises anymore, I just make plans!). I worked in the morning and then Jeremy and Eme met me at my favorite restaurant, The Cheesecake Factory. I am so glad we have one here now! Also, Jeremy's gift came in the mail so he brought it to the restaurant. Turbo Jam! I have been wanting it since we lived in Virginia! I have done it a couple times already and it is awesome! After dinner my mom met us and took Eme so we could go see Iron Man. It was really good!
All and all it was a good birthday, even though I had to add another year on my age!

3 comments:
Happy Birthday sister friend!! I am glad you had a good birthday even without us Simmons there! And by the way I was just going to ask you if you would go with me to Ruth's diner when I get home!!! Crazy! I saw it on a blog and it looked so good. Your present from me is going to take a little longer than expected but just know I haven't forgotten about ya!
All I have to say is, it's nice being the baby of the group!
My b-day is also Sunday this year, Oh yeah since you got married on my b-day I guess you probably know that already. We should go out for our birthdays call me!
Oh good!! I am so glad to hear you had a great time celebrating! I am sorry to not have been able to call you on the big day! But am so happy I will be home soon to be able to chat and hang out all the time!! Can't Wait!!
Post a Comment