
O.K. this is going to start a week of lots of blogging. I have tons of things to post but I will start with our fun trip to Florida! This is going to probably be the longest post that I have ever done so those that don't like to read, I am sorry, but I don't know how else to explain the great time we had.
So we left last Monday May 5th. Jeremy, Eme and I flew with my Mom and my brother Kade meeting the rest of my family in Orlando. Kara was coming from North Carolina and my brother Kyle was coming from Nebraska with his wife Janel and their two kids, Jantsen and Kambryn. Eme did awesome on the flight!
So we got to Florida pretty late so we didn't do anything that night.
The next day we went to Epcot. I loved Epcot! It was a great way to start out the trip. Not only do they have really cool rides (faves were the Mission:Space and NASCAR) but the world showcase was awesome! That is where you can walk through 10 different countries. That night we only got through about 2 before the fireworks started, which were so cool!
The next park were went to was the Magic Kingdom. It was of course fun, except for Jantsen's traumatic experience on Stitch's Great Escape. Jer and I didn't have the privilege of going on this ride cause we were staying with the girls but according to my family it is the worst ride they have ever been on. You get strapped down like you are going on a ride, but you don't move, it gets really dark and Stitch runs around and burps in your face among other things. Jantsen was terrified by the end and said it ruined his life. So anyone that is planning a trip to Disney World I would highly suggest you by pass this ride. Anyway, the rest of the day went well and Eme's favorite ride was Its a Small World. It was mine until I was like 10 cause I was such a wuss when I was a kid.
The following day we went to Animal Kingdom. The two days before this we went to the parks in the early afternoon and would stay until night time, which was mainly so the little girls could get good morning naps. This day we didn't have a choice because this park closed earlier so we had to be there as soon as it opened.
Here is where I should explain the weather. The first day at the park was perfect. About 89 degrees with 30% humidity. Well, unfortunately that didn't last because by the end of the week we had 95 degrees with 70% humidity. Yeah, it was hot! Luckily, Disney World is good about putting most of the ride lines inside but that is why I don't have as many pictures as I would have liked to get. It was just too dang hot! Good thing, Kara was better about taking pictures and when I get those I will post more.

Anyway, keeping the weather in mind and that in this park you are mainly all out doors, it was down right miserable at times. The worse was when all the girls, except the little ones of course, went on the rapids ride. The ride broke down right after we got all strapped in and were going up the little track that puts you in the water. We were stuck with no shade in the middle of the afternoon for about 20 mins. They had to bring emergency workers to help us onto a ladder so we could get off. It was quite the experience. Meanwhile the boys were stuck with screaming babies trying to get food and finding no shade in which to eat it in. To say the least we were all a bit frustrated by the end of the day. But the Safari was awesome and the Everest ride is way cool.
This is us on the Safari.
Since the day at the Animal Kingdom left us all pretty exhausted (and there was no relief in sight for cooler weather) we didn't head to a park until later the next day so we decided to head back to Epcot rather than go to another new park. This time we had a chance to hit all of the countries that we missed the time before. It was so much fun to look at all the buildings of places that we might not ever see in person but it makes you feel like you are really there. Our favorite was probably Morocco were we listened to a band call "Mo Rockin". Cleaver, huh?

Jer and I in Morocco
So the last park we went to was Disney Hollywood Studios. There we went on two rides I have been wanting to go on for years, Tower of Terror and Aerosmith's Rockin Roller Coaster. Both of them did not disappoint. Tower of Terror scared the crap out of me but I loved it and Aerosmith's Rockin Roller Coaster is one of my favorite Roller Coaster's of all time. Who couldn't love a roller coaster with Steven Tyler blasting in your ears? We also watched Beauty and the Beast and went to a pretty cool stunt show that Jeremy totally loved, among other things. Eme actually seemed to like the stunt show more than Beauty and the Beast. Maybe she will be a race car driver.

The last couple of days of the trip we went to visit my Aunt who lives in Tampa, went back to the Magic Kingdom for a fireworks show and got in some shopping. All and all it was a wonderful trip and I can't thank my Mom enough for taking us on it. I can't wait for the next one in two years!
6 comments:
Wow! Loved the post! You know how I like details! Your pics turned out so cute and I am so glad Eme was so good!! I'm sorry about the heat! It really can be overwhelming!!! Can't wait to see more!
Okay, and I forgot to say! HOW FREAKING CUTE IS YOUR NEW HEADER OF EME!! ADORABLE! I am so surprised you could get her to pose like that!! And you got to see Janice?! Hello?! I need to hear details about that!! You don't need to show this one on the blog, I shoudl have just emailed you, but Wow we have a lot to talk about!!!!!!!
YEAH!! I love DisneyLand, Disney World all things Disney! I'm so sad you had a bad day at Animal Kingdom, that is our favorite of the parks there! Gald your back safe and sound.
BTW the pic of Eme in your header is awesome! What's in the background?
To Sherrie- Kara is the one taking the picture of Eme with the sunglasses so you can see her and my mom was also standing there. And we liked Animal Kingdom but we just had bad luck.
To Daisie- I know I can't believe I forgot to tell you about meeting up with Janice. We will talk more Friday. Also, I wasn't even there when they took that picture of Eme in the glasses but that is a typical expression for her when she is going to take something off!
Actuallly, Emerson and I discussed the pose she was going to take for me with my glasses. It was all her idea. America's Next Top Model!!! Loved the post! I am sad it is all over actually!!!
Post a Comment