Sunday, July 13, 2008

So many things!

O.K. so I can finally breathe again! The last two weeks have been crazy busy! It started with Eme's birthday party on June 28th and didn't end until Friday when I finished girls camp (I am the camp director). In between that we had the 4th of July and I got the stomach flu and random other things happened but life is getting back to normal. I have been wanting to post these pictures for a while but every time I sat down to do it I felt guilty for not working on camp stuff, so I feel guilty no more! Going backwards in events, girls camp was fun but so much work. I did take my camera thinking I would take some pictures but I didn't have the time to even pull it out. But I probably wouldn't have wanted to post any pictures of myself any ways (3 days without a shower and covered in dirt and sunburns is not so attractive!). Before that is when I got the dreaded stomach flu the night of the 4th so that made the holiday kind of a bummer. When you have a baby what can you really do anyway, right? Eme was asleep by 8:30.



That morning was fun when Eme, my mom and I headed down to join Kade, Kyle and Janel and some of her family for the Provo Parade. Thankfully I wasn't feeling sick yet and the weather wasn't too bad. Eme wasn't in to the parade as much as I was hoping she would be but maybe next year.

Because Jeremy had to work on the 4th of July we went camping the Monday before. It was Eme's first camping experience and it went very well! Kyle, Janel, Jantsen and Kambyrn came with us. Eme and Jantsen loved playing in the tent. Kambryn fell and hit her head about 20 mins after they got there so she wasn't lovin the expierance quite as much but it was still a good time.
The week before that was Eme's birthday party which was way fun. Eme loved having all the other cousins around and we played and BBQ in our backyard. It is nice when you can put all that mowing to use and actually use our backyard. It is good for a party. The funnest thing about the party was when we gave Eme her cake and she wanted nothing to do with it. I tried to kind of put some in her mouth but she just spit it out. I guess that doesn't say too much for my baking skills cause I made it! Hopefully she just doesn't like cake. All and all it has been an exciting couple of weeks!
Eme and cousins drinking out of the sprinkler she got for her birthday



3 comments:

Kara Simmons. said...

My Eme looks so cute in all those pics! I miss her!

Sherrie said...

I'm glad camp was good, isn't it so nice when it's over?! I'm sorry you were sick, that's never fun. Both my kids screamed their first couple of 4th's with the fire works. Bed time is the better option!

Russ and Em said...

WOW! I'm impressed with how busy you've been. It all sounds very fun. Abbie wanted nothing to do with her birthday cake either, so hopefully it is just the age.