Thursday, February 12, 2009

I am trying!

So I finally dared to try to do something with Eme's hair. And much to my surprise she didn't fight me doing it too much and it looked really cute, if you ignore the totally messed up part down the middle! She still doesn't have much on the sides but on top it is about a inch and 1/2 long and in the back when it is wet it goes about 2 inches down her back. Hard to believe but true. When I play with it a lot and get it curly it shoots back up but the length is there. So today I tried some piggy tails. The funny thing is that even though she looks very cute and girly in the back she looks even more bald in the front! Thank goodness for a cute clip and earrings!

Also I made a new years resolution to be more crafty. It my last post I put how I would love to be the type of woman that can make anything. I have always known that I wasn't super crafty and was kind of O.K. with that but this blogging thing has gotten me feeling kind of bad about that weakness. So many others make this and make that and act like it is the easiest and cheapest thing in the world! Well, I decided I can't be like that right away but that I would take baby steps to becoming more crafty. I am going to make something for every holiday this year. After spending many hours on the computer trying to find something cute that I might be able to make without going crazy I settled on these little cuties...
Now this is such a baby step it is more like a crawl because I made some similar picture tiles last year as you might recall and I just copied how to do it from other blog. Oh well. Someday hundreds will wait anxiously by their computer to see what my latest creation is. A girl can dream, right?

9 comments:

Sherrie said...

I have pics of Emma that look just like Eme! No hair in front and pig tails in the back...I guess she's destined to have a mullet at some point...I thinks she looks FAB!

Kara Simmons. said...

Oh I just love the pigtails!! Greg says so too. And way to be crafty! Those tiles are lookin good!

Daisie said...

Love the pigtails! Really...they look so cute!! And you are way ahead of me in the craft department! I always love your creations!!

Unknown said...

Eme is adorable in the pigtails! So Cute! And awesome job on the craft. Love the tiles!

Amy said...

You can craft. Seriously. My favorite place is the wood connection. If you see something you want to do...ask your friends. Somebody is sure to know how! That's what I do. Now I am TRYING to be a better cook! LOL

Eme looks adorable!

Colleen said...

Super cute Kristen! On both the hair and crafts! I love doing crafts too! I am glad other people are creative because I just usually copy their ideas but it's still fun!!

Coombs Family said...

What do you mean you're not crafty!? You have me beat. Eme's hair looks really cute too.

Anonymous said...

Wow ! you are way more crafty than me! Oh and I love the pig tales

Val Moir said...

Wow-- her hair is long enought for pigtails-- I haven't seen her in forever! We need to get together asap!! oh and cute crafts-- ya crafty pants you!!