Friday, April 23, 2010

I finally did it

Pretty much since the beginning of our marriage, Jeremy has made some not so subtle hints about me making homemade cinnamon rolls. I don't know why but cinnamon rolls always seemed like they would be hard to make. Also, I have always thought of myself of liking to cook but not really a baker. Well I made some french bread a couple of weeks ago that was to die for so now I want to try anything! So why not grant Jeremy his wish?
I found this recipe and it is awesome! I didn't use the recipe for the frosting, if you read it you will understand why, instead I used a traditional cream cheese recipe found here. You need to double it to have enough for all the rolls.
If you make these little pieces of heaven be forewarned that it makes a ton! I was glad because as with anything I make I need a couple of practice rounds before I can make ones presentable to give away. Thank goodness I gave most of them away cause Jeremy ate 3, yes 3, for breakfast! Shocking that he didn't feel so well after. So I will only be making these for VERY special occasions. Anybody else have a good bread type recipe for me to try? I am officially addicted!

5 comments:

Daisie said...

Hey You! First of all I can't wait to see your cute little Tayden in person soon!! And I cannot wait to be in Utah and have that be special enough of an occasion for you to make these delicious looking cinnamon rolls!!!

Heather said...

Good for you. My Mom has made the best cinnamon rolls. She taught me how but I just haven't mastered it yet. They look delicious. I'm like you. I shouldn't make them because all I do is eat them all day. Great job.

Unknown said...

You are so making those when we get to Utah. Kyle loves cinammon rolls, and well just looking at the picture makes my mouth water!

Jen and Justin said...

They were the best I have ever had!!!

Russ and Em said...

Can I get the French Bread recipe? Those rolls look amazing!!