Sunday, May 9, 2010

Indecision clouds my vision

Jeremy and I have a few things in common about our personalities but one thing I really wish we didn't is our inability to make a quick decision. We analyze and then over analyze and then do it again. Both of us! It is super frustrating. I often feel myself getting frustrated with him but then I remember how I am not making a decision any quicker so I can't really without being a total hypocrite!

So imagine this when you get a call that your son as already been born and you need to come up with a name pronto! Craziness! We had talked about a couple that we liked but like with Eme we wanted to take something that our birth mom had been thinking of, if she had, and combine that with something we had been thinking of.
Side note: Eme's birth mom was going to name her Ava Rayne for those that don't know.
So back to Tayden. His birth mom had mentioned a few names she liked when we saw her in October, thankfully all names we also liked. We told her how we got Eme's name and she liked that we used something her birth mom had thought of. But because she was still struggling with her decision we tried not to think to much about it to protect ourselves in a way. So the day we get the call and they tell us the name, Tayden. Wait, what? That wasn't a name she told us she was thinking of! Not that we disliked the name, obviously, it just totally threw us for a loop. We still liked Cooper and Treyson. Treyson Tayden. Uh, I think that is just plain cruel. Cooper Tayden. Umm, I don't know. We liked the names but we struggled to feel good about that order. So Tayden Cooper it was thinking that if we decided he seemed more like a Cooper he could go by his middle name. I am also super cool like that so we thought it could be something he had in common with me.
Fast forward a couple of months. I was getting ready to do his room, that I still need to finish, and I wanted to put Tayden Cooper on the wall. Something was still bugging me. It just wasn't fitting. So I thought about it more and more. After a couple of weeks I told Jeremy that I thought we needed to add Jay (Jeremy's middle name) to Tayden's. So it would be
Tayden Cooper Jay Stout. Yeah, a little long put any girl that has a middle name ends up with 4 names. Not much different. He didn't really say much. A couple weeks go by. I approach the subject again but this time I say I think we need to completely change Tay's middle name. This time he was a little more frustrated. I like Cooper he says. I said me too but I just don't feel like it is his name. I don't see us ever calling him Cooper so I think he should be named after you. He promises to think and pray about it. More time goes by. Now we are getting the lawyer and adoption agency calling us to verify information like name. So I bring it up again knowing that if we are going to do it we need to move quick. This time I could tell he was thinking the same way I was. FINALLY!!! So introducing for the second time

TAYDEN JEREMY STOUT!!!!

Now wish us luck as we call the lawyer and adoption agency tomorrow to tell them! Hopefully it won't be too much of a process!
See this is why people usually have months, not hours, to decide a name! Gotta love adoption!

6 comments:

Heather said...

I LOVE it! What a great name. I agree that Jeremy's name should be represented in his son's name. How cute? Brent and I are also terrible at making decisions, I hate it when we go out to eat, no one can make a freaking decision. Good for you guys though!

Unknown said...

I love it too!!! It is totally his name! He looks so much like Jeremy. I didn't have any idea you guys were planning on changing it. But I LOVE it! Yay for Tayden Jeremy!! cute cute!

Kara Simmons. said...

I like his name change! Glad you guys came to a decision.

Ali said...

I love it, it's PERFECT for him!!! CONGRATS, again!!!

Daisie said...

I love it! That fits him just perfect! And I also adore your new family pictures! Can't wait to see all of you in real life soon!! Love ya!

Kim McCann said...

Kristen, I haven't stalked your blog in a while...looks like I have been missing out. :) I love his name and I love your cute family pictures! :)