Tuesday, July 6, 2010

3 years old!

The day after Tayden's blessing and sealing, June 27th, Miss Emerson Ava turned three!

Yes June was just about as crazy as it could be (I also had Youth Conference!) but it was all good crazy! When we were going to have Tayden's sealing at the beginning of the month, we were going to do a carnival birthday party but when we had to move the blessing to the 26th we had to scrap the party. Eme still had fun and thankfully is too young to realize that she kind of got the shaft! And she was too young to realize that we celebrated her birthday the day after her actual birthday! Tricky, tricky.

She started the day by going to see Toy Story 3 with her Daddy.
After they got home we had a little lunch and then headed to the Lehi Pool where a few cousins joined us. And even though I had the camera I didn't take one single picture at the pool. I am getting too reliant on my sister for pictures!

After the pool we went to a nearby park for cake, ice cream and presents. She got spoiled!!!
My Mom with the Smith cousins! Crazy that a year ago there was only 3 of them! Doubled in less than 6 months!

We love our spunky girl!

Funny things about Eme at three:
Almost always talks about herself in third person. I am used to it but it is funny to hear other peoples reactions. My Mom kept thinking she was talking about a friend named Amy!
Still loves to climb and do "tricks". Still thinking she might be quite the little gymnast someday.
Talks about going to preschool all the time. Can't wait until the fall!
Loves to color and is getting really good at it.
Loves to sing. Her nursery teachers say she get so excited for singing time. Her favorites right now are I love to see the Temple (Temple), popcorn popping (Popcorn) and You are my sunshine (Sunshine).
Has become quite affectionate lately. Always giving kisses and hugs and saying "I love you so much Mommy, Daddy or Tayders". Makes my heart melt!
ALWAYS calls Tayden Tayders! Funny cause Jer and I don't do it too often!
Getting to be scared of random things! Loud noises right now are the worst! More to come in my 4th of July post!

Growth Stats (a month ago):
28 lbs (25%)
36 inches (30%)
Yeah she is pretty petite.
Case in point she can still wear some of her clothes from last summer. Except for dresses. What is up with dresses being so dang short?!
I am a little worried about her height for when we go to Disneyland in October. At 36 inches she can only ride 2 rides (other than the little kiddies ones) however her two cousins that she wants to do everything with are tall enough (over 40 inches) to ride almost everything! Any advise on what to do? I just keep imagining these horrible temper tantrums every time I tell her she can't ride! That will FOR SURE not make it the Happiest Place on Earth! I am really considering getting her some little heals and maybe a bumpit for her fro. That will have to add a couple of inches right? Plus she will look oh so stylin!



I can't believe three years ago this miracle came into our lives and made us parents. I have been thinking a lot about how lucky Jeremy and I are to have been able to adopt these two miracles in our lives. What a blessing adoption is! I hate to think how sad we would be without the choices that both of our children's birth moms had the strength to make. Without them we would LITERALLY have nothing! WE love you Janice and Ashley!

1 comment:

Daisie said...

Happy Birthday to Eme!! What a doll! I loved hearing her stats! Can't wait to see her in heels and her bumpit!! I really hope she has a growth spurt soon!!