Saturday, July 10, 2010

4th of July weekend

I liked having the 4th of July spread over three days. Good times.
Saturday the 3rd we went to a neighborhood BBQ and fireworks. The BBQ was great. Fireworks, well that is another story. We have been noticing the last couple of weeks that Eme has been having a fear of loud noises. Motorcycles, diesel trucks, sirens, that sort of thing. We just kind of laughed about it cause I have that same fear when I was young. Well it was much more than we thought. About 2o minutes before we started our little neighborhood fireworks, some where else in the neighborhood a firework went off and the drama began. She ran into my arms and started to shake. When the ones at our little BBQ starting going off, she completely lost it. Shaking, screaming, crying. So after trying to "help" her face her fears for about 20 minutes we called it quits and left. Bummer cause Tayden was actually enjoying himself!
On the 4th we had Kara, Greg and Lydia over for another BBQ. Kara took Eme's three year pictures which I am sure will be darling and we hung out in the yard. More fun.
On the 5th we went down to the Provo Parade for the third year in a row. We, as in ME, love this little tradition. The only thing not loving, Eme's said fear of loud noises!! She hid in the back with Jeremy for awhile until she realized all the loud noises (motorcycles, sirens) were just in the beginning of the parade. Then we had some fun.





After the parade we went to my Moms to enjoy a little lunch and a little slip-n-slide.





All and all a very enjoyable 4th of July weekend!

2 comments:

Heather said...

I love all the pics. My kids would've loved the slip'n'slide. I won't put our up anymore because it's killing our lawn! I'm glad that you had such a great 4th! Will you be at the Lawrence Family Reunion in Tooele? I hope so!!!

Kara Simmons. said...

Yahoo for 4th of July festivites!