



As most other families made through adoption we celebrate that very important day every year and will continue to throughout their life. As they get older we will let them decide how and what they want to do to celebrate but we decided a must on that day is to visit "their" temple. Eme's is Salt Lake and Tayden's is Oqurrih Mtn. This year we were way low key (check out how awesome the kids & I look. We had spent the day at seven peaks). We just got ice cream and walked around the temple.I love that he has the same facial expression here as the one last year!
We think it is extra special that the temple was built the year he was born.
I love that we have these days to celebrate how special they are and how special our family is to be created from the miracle of adoption. In the busyness of everyday life it is easy to forget what a miracle it is that we even have these little guys and became parents through the selfless acts of their birth parents. What a awesome day!
1 comment:
My mom always called my siblings' adoption day the "Gotcha day!". It was the day we got to pick them up. (For my brother we had to wait three weeks for him to be old enough to fly on a plane from Virginia.) She would give them a gift. I didn't know about it as a kid, probably because all of us non-adopted kids would have wanted an extra present too and my mom didn't want to fight that battle. When I did find out about it I thought it was pretty darn cool
Post a Comment