About 30 minutes old here. I was starting to calm down after my near anxiety attack. If you can't recall how quickly my Eme wanted to come into the world you can click here and read Emerson's birth. Crazy.

She is actually only about 10 months here. Kara used to leave us for the summer so I didn't get cute 1 year old pictures that year. Sadness.

Two years old. One of my favorite pics of all time.
Of course compliments of Kara

Three years old. Again, Kara :)
And of course the 4 year old pictures would have to be Aunt Kara's work!
We did these at the same time as our family ones.


The necklace reads {I <3 Adoption}



We decided last year that we would only do big parties on the odd years. I did feel kind of bad cause she didn't get one last year cause of Tayden's sealing being the day before but oh well. At this age they really don't care so I let her pick what kind of cake to have and we invited some family over and she was happy.
She wanted cupcake cones with Dora on them.
She got a little picnic table from us that she and Tayden have enjoyed this summer.
We also gave her, her own gardening tools.
She has loved to help me in the yard this year.
Grandma Nana gave her a playhouse to color!
She loved it!
Cousin Ember gave her her first Barbie. Princess Tiana
Things about Eme at 4:
-She LOVES to color and draw. She is awesome at writing her name and has been writing Emerson Ava since early spring. Stout she has been doing for a couple months now. She used to insist upon writing out her whole 1st and middle names but when she brings her stuff home from preschool she usually has Eme or Eme Ava
-Has gotten quite good at the big sister thing. Both the good and bad about it :)
-LOVES to help me cook. She has her own little apron and everything. Most of the time I really appreciate her help and that it is something we can do together.
-Is starting to learn to read. Yes read. I know I am a first time Mom but this seems a bit early to me! And it is all her! I really wish I could claim that I sit down with her and work on this stuff so she wants to do it but she comes to us and asks! I love that she is so eager to learn but reading books has become quite the process as she wants us to point to every word and she has to repeat it. And she is starting to sound things out. Oh heaven please me with patience. Jeremy is far more patient so he is usually the book reader by her choice.
I try not to be bummed ;)
-Loves preschool and has made quite a few friends. Since she seems pretty self motivated with learning I was more concerned about her social skills. Sometimes she can be a little introverted. But she loves it and has gotten quite close with 3 or 4 of the girls.
-She is in dance again this year with 4 friends from the ward and her cousin. Don't know how much she really loves dance but she loves to she all her friends!
-She loves primary and is that child that runs down the hall as fast as she can to get to sharing time. The primary is doing the Sacrament meeting program in two weeks and she has almost memorized her part. She claims she is going to be very brave and say it in front of everyone. Here's hoping
-She is still in love with her cousin Sawyer. They get to hang out twice a week since my SIL and I swap babysitting and they love every second. When I make them watch a movie during Tayden's nap they have to sit right next to each other on the couch. I am just waiting for her to say she wants to marry Sawyer when she grows up :)
-She is starting with the attitude a little :( She has been saying "augh, Mommm" with an eye roll more and more and "I WILL!!!" when I ask her to do something for the third time. And sadly I sometimes succumb and say "Then why haven't you the other two times I have asked?!" or something else very crazy Mom like. We are both working on the way we talk to each other and I am sure that will continue until she is like, well forever probably :) But I do have to say discipline works awesome for her. She has always and I mean every single time stayed it time out when I put her there which I don't have to do very often. Maybe a couple times a week. Warnings work very well for her. I know this has very little to do with me and just how she is because Tayden is already proving to be the direct opposite of her as far as discipline goes. He couldn't give a you know what about what I do or say I will do. Oh heaven help me more!
-She got her first cavity filled a couple weeks ago. The fact of when kids get teeth early they are not as healthy is proving true with her already. She got her first tooth at 3 months. She actually did really well during the filling but then bit the crap out of her lip while it was numb leaving herself a nice looking canker all week. In fact a kind of a funny but very sad story about that is when my SIL was watching her 4 days after she got it done Eme drew a picture of someone with a big sore on the lip (lots of circles think 4 year old drawing) and tears coming down their face and showed it to my SIL. She looked at it and said Eme does your lip hurt and you want medicine? And she said yes. So sad. I guess she didn't know how to ask her so she drew her a picture. Poor thing. But I have tried to use it has a learning opportunity cause I told her all that morning don't bite your lip! And she still did so we talk about how to listen better when Mom asks you to do something even if you don't understand why.
In a nut shell that is our baby girl at 4! She is such a delight (most of the time anyway) and is my little buddy. I love doing things with just her and I. Its so fun. I can't believe we were so lucky to be picked by her Janice to be her parents! We are so blessed to have her as our daughter! We love you Eme!
3 comments:
Cute Eme! I am glad you are finally getting caught up. I really need to start writing things down about Lydia too. I am terrible at writing things down but awesome at taking pictures!
She is such a gorgeous little girl! It's crazy how fast they grow up!
She is so cute! I love that you posted all the pics of each year. They are all so cute! I'm so happy that you have her. I hope you know also, just how lucky she is to have you and Jeremy as parents!!
Post a Comment