Saturday, November 29, 2008

I got the look!

So first off I have to apologize to the people that just like to look at pictures because I have none. I was kind of a slacker this Thanksgiving and didn't take a single picture. We had a great Thanksgiving even though it was not captured in film. Jeremy had to work (that part wasn't so good) Wednesday night and Thursday night so Eme and I set up camp at my moms house. Thursday my bro, Kade, Kara and her hubby Greg and my step siblings came down and we had a awesome Thanksgiving meal. One of the highlights was the Ruth's Chris Sweet Potato Casserole (thanks again, Amy C.!) that I made. My fam thought it was awesome and said that I had to make it every year. That made my day! I love to cook and even better love when people love it! So we ate way too much, played some card games and watch a little football. Good times! That night my Mom and I made a Black Friday game plan. We are kind of late starters to the great shopping day being that this is only our third year in a row but we love it. This year I was nervous because I had to take Eme cause Jeremy was at work. So no going to the mall at two in the morning like last year but we did get up a 5 and head to Target to push and shove our way to some killer deals on movies. Next we hit Home Depot, Sears and then Kohls. This whole time Eme was being very good then we got to Kohls. She was O.K. for the first 20 mins but after that she was done with her stroller. I made the mistake of letting her get out hoping that she was play around it as she likes to do but that only last for a few minutes and during that time is when it happened. I got the look. The "what kind of a mother are you?" look from a stranger. I caught Eme about 1 second before she plunged head first into the floor off her stroller and this old Betty one aisle over gave me the look. The look I probably gave to women before I became a mother and maybe even after when Eme was so small and would sleep in her stroller as I shopped. The look I might give again after I am out of the I will do anything to get my kid to stop throwing a fit stage. So it has happened and I am sure it will not be the last with this little Eme of mine. After that we packed it in and headed home to get some much needed rest. So in my shopping adventure I got these for Jeremy to give to me (we have a very sad gift giving relationship)


And I got this little cash register for Eme that will hopefully occupy her time for a few minutes a day.
And a few other presents for those on my shopping list. So all and all it was a good shopping day, look from old lady aside.

2 comments:

Nicole said...

Yay!! I'm so glad I found your blog so I can stay posted better. Your little Emerson is so beautiful!!! I'm excited to be seeing you soon.

clintandmegtucker said...

Kristen, its Megan (Cranney) I know what look your talking about! Sad to say, I get "the look" quite often! Emerson is so cute!!!