Saturday, November 1, 2008

I {Heart} Halloween!

I just love Halloween! Always have. Now that I have Eme I think I love it even more. We started the festivities by meeting up with Kara and Greg, getting some sandwiches and heading to Gardner Village. Those who don't go to Gardner Village during Halloween (I think there maybe one or two people out there) are really missing out! And going on Halloween is especially fun. There were tons of kids there are it was so fun to see all there costumes. It makes it a little difficult to get a good picture but it is still fun. And again, Kara has cuter pictures but these will have to do. After that we came home to rest for a bit and then Jeremy's brother, Jesse and his wife and their kids came over for dinner. I made Ham-Witches (thanks Amy C.!), Dracula teeth and Boo Cups. Staci even brought orange jello to join the fun. I have been wanting the start serving fun foods on Halloween since Jeremy and I got married but this is the first one that I actually did it. It will not be the last! After that we took Eme to a few houses. It took about 40 minutes to go to 5 houses but she had fun and so did we. After we got Eme to bed Jeremy and I watched a scary movie and went to bed. It was a perfect Halloween and I already can't wait for next year! And yes, Eme had two lady bug costumes, one for the day and one for the night. Before you judge me too much remember that she is our first and I got both of them for under $16. I thought that was pretty good. In these two videos one was at Gardner Village where she was playing her new favorite game with Dad, chase me. And the other was trying to walk to the first house to go trick or treating. You can see why it took us so long.

8 comments:

Kara Simmons. said...

The food turned out great! Love the ham witches especially!

The Stanley's said...

She is the cutest little Lady bug! Your food looks awesome... very talented!

Anderson Family said...

Look at you getting all creative with the food. Looks great! Yes that would be Loren's Idea to put the meat in garbage bags :)!

Anonymous said...

lOVE IT!!!

Daisie said...

What a cute little bug! I love the trick or treating footage! And I love your Halloween food! I need to copy you next year! By the way I totally miss you!!!! Thank Goodness we will be hanging out in like a little less than 2 months!!! Let's chat soon!

Cami said...

She is the cutest ladybug ever!! looks like you guys had fun. I love Halloween too!

Sherrie said...

I love lady bugs! She's so cute. I still have head bands for you, do you want me to bring them over?

Paul*Cat*Hallie*Ty said...

I have a plan...I'll make the costumes and you make the food! So cute! Eme looks darling, she is getting too big, make it stop! We need to do lunch! Hope you are good!