Sunday, December 28, 2008

Christmas time from the our perspective.....

Well the eventful week is over and I am not depressed, YEA!!!!! I usually get a little of the after Christmas blues but not this year. I think that is due to the fact that we have some fun things coming up this week so all is good. All and all, Christmas was a blast. We started the week by staying at my moms house on the 23rd. We have started this a few years back and it works out nice. Lots less stress of running around on the 24th and 25th. So we all stayed there ate good, played a little guitar hero (LOVE IT!), opened presents and went sledding. The highlight had to be my moms gift that Kara and Greg gave her. A new baby due in July! I am getting mega baby hungry and since we all know the issues we have there this will keep my hunger to a minim. I am so excited! That night was Christmas Eve and Jeremy had to work so that was a BIG bummer but Kara and Greg took pity on me and let me come to their family party. Eme and I had a great time. On Christmas morning after Jeremy and I couldn't wait anymore we work Eme up (I know in years from now we will think we were crazy) and enjoyed our little Christmas together. It was so fun to see Eme get excited over her gifts. She still isn't quite there with understanding it completely but it was still a lot of fun. After that we braved the snow and made it to my moms house to have another little Christmas party. Good times and good fun a plenty. How was Christmas from your perspective? I hope just as good!
The whole Smith/Mosher/Simmons/Stout clan on Christmas Eve morning.

Me and kiddies waiting for the gift opening to begin.

The boys!
Getting ready for the snow!

Greg sledding with Eme. I love how he covers her face on the way down and then she gets up and falls on her face. Classic Eme!



Eme and I missing Jeremy on Christmas Eve.


But then remembering that we get to see him and open presents in the morning!
Us showing off our goods! I was a bit overly excited, I guess.

Me showing off my present that Jeremy wrapped in wedding paper. It says Wedding Wishes on it. I guess that is what happens when you don't get sleep.


Eme showing off her mad riding skills.

Loving Christmas morning breakfast! Chocolate Chips Pancakes are the best!

4 comments:

Sherrie said...

Yeah Kara!! Congrats!

Looks like you had a great Christmas. I remember waking Emma up, good times. This year she woke us at 6 and it was way too early, but she said she woke up at 4:45 in the first place so it could have been worse.

Mona said...

Looks like you had alot of fun. We know how it is to work on holidays, this is the first year that Ben has had it off! Eme is so big! I can't believe she is 18 months already!

Butterfield Family said...

I love the wedding wrapping paper..such a guy thing to do! I'm so excited for Kara...that will be so fun for Eme to have another cousin. Your pictures are darling and we can't wait to see you in person!

Anonymous said...

Man that is a bummer about Christmas Eve..Good thing he got to be there for the actual day