Thursday, January 13, 2011

Eme's dance recital

So this was a night full of pride, embarrassment, frustration & laughter. And Eme's dance was only about 1 minute long! Can't wait to see what happens when she has more intense extracurricular activities! Bottom line is that she did quite well for 3 years old & we should just focus on that but the night was quite comical as I look back so lets get all the details!

This first picture portrays the frustration part of it. Jeremy & I had a little miscommunication with the pictures & video. I went close to the stage to get a up close view with our old school camcorder that takes good video but I can't upload to blogger. He had gotten me a flip video for Christmas that I got early for this night & my Mom worked that. He had the camera. I thought he would follow me the stage to get better pictures & he was frustrated that I didn't take the flip video. So long story short the only close proof we have the Eme actually performed quite well I can't show on blogger. If you ever come to our house I have some good video to show.
She is third from the left.
As for the performance part of it I was a bit nervous when they opened the curtains because her & her friend Chloe who is on her right were kind of holding onto each other & looked scared to death! But the music started & she got into it. It took her a few counts but she did it all! The funniest was the part where they are supposed to go from back to front. Well she got all confused & started doing it side to side so she was running into the girls next to her! And she did it with her back to the audience so it was quite comical. That's where the laughter came in. I was laughing so hard the video gets all shaky at the end. Wish I had the video to show. Oh well.
This would be the embarrassment part. She threw a major fit while we tried to take any picture after. I wanted pictures with all that came to support but after struggling to get this one we gave up. But my mom & Janel & the kids came also. Thanks guys!
You can see what she wanted to do it the back. Run!

Her cute cousin Ember takes from the same place.
Aren't they a couple of cute dancers? So fun!

Even though there were some frustration it was seriously so fun. Nights like this make me so happy I have a little girl! And a spunky bum shaking one makes it even better!
We love you Eme & can't wait to see what else you do! I have a feeling this is just the beginning as far as performing goes! The girl loves a audience!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I thought Eme did a fabulous job and she was absolutely adorable! Gotta love dance recitals and all the "unknown" that comes with them.

Kara Simmons. said...

Very cute that Eme is!

Heather said...

Holy cow! I would have died for a dress like that as a little girl, seriously! She looks adorable and I'm sure she did great!

Bridget said...

Her costume is really cute! I like the one that Bailee had for her class too. I'm sure she did great and when they don't that is sometimes the funnest and cutest :)