So it's here's to you and three cheers to you!
Let's shout it. "Hip, hip, hip hooray!"
For out of a world so tattered and torn,
You came to our house on that wonderful morn,
And all of a sudden this family was born.
OH HAPPY ADOPTION DAY!
December 27th (sadly almost a month ago!) was Eme's third adoption day anniversary! We had such a fun day walking around temple square & talking to her about her special day. She was more interested in riding the elevator at the Joseph Smith Memorial Building, taking pictures & riding traxs. But we know that she is starting to understand things more & more so we want to make sure she understands what a very special day that was for our family.
Since I started this blog a couple weeks after Eme's big day I wanted to journal what I remember from that day.
December 27, 2007
We were able to do something a little unusual & that is that we went to court to finalize Eme's adoption & about 4 hours later were in the Salt Lake Temple being sealed together as a family. That is unusual since most people do it on two different days. We decided to do it on the same day because Eme turned 6 months old that day & also we couldn't wait one second longer to have our baby girl sealed to us!
When we went to court my Mom, sister, brother & brother in law went with us. The judge was very laid back that day being that we were the only thing he came in for, so he pulled us back to his chambers instead of doing the proceedings in the court room. Now that we have done both I am glad that he did that. It made everything a lot more comfortable. Even though we knew everything would go through I remember having that understanding that this man could make my dreams come true or shattered our world with one ruling. Talk about a lot of power. Thankfully everything went well & he seemed to like us. After pictures and filling out all the proper paper work we headed to the Garden to have a late lunch with more family. Emerson did so well during the court proceeding & even took a little nap on my Moms shoulder during lunch. Perfect. She will be well rested for the temple & in her normal good mood.
When we went into the temple Jeremy's Mom went with Eme to get her ready & would bring her into the sealing room when we were ready. Before the ceremony the sealer told us the children, especially babies sometimes cry during the ceremony so to prepare ourselves in case that happens. Jeremy & I both shook our heads & said not our baby! She might be loud since she likes to talk but she hardly ever cries so I am sure she will be fine. When they brought Eme into the room I can't ever remember feeling such a profound feeling of peace, love & the knowledge that Heavenly Father has a plan for each one of us. It was intense to the say the least. Most women would bawl like a baby but since I have "issues" crying in public I instead starting to hyperventilate! I seriously couldn't breathe! So you women out there that hate that you cry over everything, at least be happy that you probably won't pass out for lack of breathe! Thankfully when my Mother in law handed Eme to me I was able to compose myself so I did not hit the floor. I could tell Eme was a little uneasy about what was going on so I was glad when the sealer didn't waste much time in starting. However he wasn't quick enough because our baby that never cries decide to SCREAM during the entire thing! Serves us right for saying that she wouldn't. She still looked beautiful & it brought some humor to all those that were bawling their eyes our before! (Thankfully I am the only woman I know that doesn't cry & the drop of a hat!). What a wonderful day it was and I love that we get to celebrate it every year.



4 comments:
Thanks for sharing. We missed that day so it was fun to read about it. I love reading about your two adoption miracles.
I can't believe it's already been three years! She's getting so big. I never would have thought about celebrating the adoption day that way. What a special thing to do!
Happy Adoption day for little Eme!
What a cute idea to celebrate that important date. I love the pics, especially the ones of Emme as a baby, she was and IS so cute!!
Post a Comment