Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Eme's moving forward while I am looking backward


Emerson has decided to give walking a shot. This is some video of her taking some steps. And I don't know if there is sound cause our computer won't play any. If there is and I say something stupid please ignore it. Hopefully I will learn how to get sound cause that is always funner. Anyway, Eme still has a little more coordination to learn but she is getting there! Jeremy and I keep wondering where did our baby go? We are getting into toddler stage and we keep thinking back to a year ago when we were wondering if we would ever become parents. On the 16th of June last year we met Eme's birth mom for the first time. I have been thinking back to last year a lot this week. I remember all the many, many feelings that were going through my mind that day and the short 2 weeks to follow until Eme was born. Of all the feelings that I was feeling the one that stood out the most was a feeling of disbelief. Anyone who knows me knows that being pessimistic is defiantly one of my faults. During the time from finding out about Eme's birth mom picking us to her being born, I would start to get excited and think this is really going to happen and then Old pessimist Kristen would start to think no way, this is just way to good to be true. Thankfully we all know what happened and this wonderful little girl came into our lives. And now she is almost walking! TIME GOES BY TOO FAST when you have a baby!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I can't believe it has already been a year! She is truely a lucky and blessed little girl to have a wonderful mom and dad. We love you guys!

Sherrie said...

CARAZEE! I can't believe it's already been a year and she's walking. It's a good thing happened before camp, so you didn't miss out on it.

Kara Simmons. said...

She moves so stinkin fast that Eme! Ugh, I miss her so much! That girl is fearless with her steps! I played the video like four times already it is so much fun to see her!

Russ and Em said...

It is crazy how fast they grow. Just from our experience this next year is even more of a blast then the one before. When she starts talking it is AWESOME!!