This past weekend was kind of crazy in our house. Jeremy's birthday was Saturday and our anniversary was yesterday. Sadly, Jeremy had to work on his birthday but we still had fun eating sushi, having some ice cream cake and watching movies when he did get home. Emerson and I had a crazy day without him though and we missed him very much. We started out the day running from Wal-Mart to Smiths getting a prescription filled and then getting items for Jeremy's birthday dinner and props for Emerson's 1st birthday pictures that we had done later that day. They suggested that we bring balloons and a little cake and I thought that sounded cute so we went with it. Thankfully my mom came with us to the pictures because Emerson was NOT in the mood for pictures. At first she was just acting shy and just wanted to put her head on my shoulder, which usually I love but it doesn't really work for pictures. It doesn't help that they girl that was taking them didn't seem to have many ideas. By the way Kara, you are taking all of our pictures from now on. I am done taking Emerson to studios! Anyway, by the end of it Emerson was covered in birthday cake and we had about 3 great pictures and about 5 O.K. pictures and the rest of the 40 or so pictures were terrible. I guess that is good though cause I didn't want to spend a lot of money and there was no temptation there. So after the picture experience Eme and I went and met some of my friends at Zupas for a baby shower. Love Zupas! After that we headed home to wait for the birthday boy to get home.
The next day Jeremy and I celebrated our 4th anniversary! Being that it was on a Sunday, we didn't go out but it was still a great day. Jeremy made a yummy breakfast and we had steaks and baked potatoes for dinner. We both can't believe that it has been four years! Time really flies! Especially this past year that our dreams finally came true and we were able to add Eme to our family. We can't wait to see what the next four years bring us! Hopefully they will be as good as these first four years have!
5 comments:
Crazy day!! The only place that I go for studio pictures is kiddie kandids but still, I am with you, Kara does a fabulous job! well congrats on the anniversary and jer's bday. I meant to send a card but I am bad at that, but we do care about Jer and his day! oh and the pic on my blog...haha...I meant to put a different one on just for that reason, but it made me laugh to see little Eme being held that that and being okay with it!
We just celebrated four as well!! Time does fly. We took Abbie in for her 2 year old pictures and it was a similar disaster. I think the girl was quite bugged with us (especially when we didn't by the expensive packages). Oh well, we know she is a cutie. I'm glad you figure out the first year with Eme that studios are a rip off.
Poor Eme! What are you talking about bad pictures? She never takes a bad picture! We will have a session as soon as I get home! HAPPY ANNIVERSARY you crazy kids!
Yeah I can't believe Nick and I will have 4 years in December too! Where does the time go? We are headed to a fertility doc tomorrow....wish us luck. :)
Happy Ani.!! What a good day...
Post a Comment