Saturday, January 23, 2010

FHE

Last Monday we decided to make cookies for the treat for FHE. Well lets be honest. The we is me cause I have the sweet tooth but that is besides the point. The point is the Eme wanted to help and I think she is getting to the age that I can give her little "jobs" to help out. I am realizing in the two year old stage that you really just need to pick your battles and think what can I give them to do that makes them think that they are helping and we are both happy? So I came up with give her a measuring cup to put sugar from a big Tupperware into a canister. Success! We were both happy and only a little sugar was split!

Tayden watched in amazment.

And we all got to partake of a little dough. Delish!


Now the goal for next week is to make it through a whole story or "lesson" without giving up cause Eme starts acting up. Any suggestions for that?

2 comments:

Heather said...

My only suggestion is don't sweat it too much. Just getting together is good enough. When she is older it will be easier for lessons. I think you're one step ahead of the rest of us for just organizing a FHE. Your kids are adorable. Thanks for what you said on my blog. That's exactly what I needed to hear. It does just suck!!!

The Lamoreauxs said...

Not that I have a ton of experience with 3 year olds, but I do teach Sunbeams. To keep them interested we sing a lot of songs with actions and always try to get them to help (turn on the light, hold pictures, etc. I don't know if any of this helps you, but it sure helps me & Brett.