Monday, July 18, 2011

18 months

Looking back for pictures of Tayden @ 18 months (he is officially 20 today!) I realized I have hardly any that weren't from our trip to Kansas & Colorado. This really bad picture that Eme took on laundry day is the only one that wasn't from that trip. I really need to work on that.

So these other two are a little sneak peak from my next post about that trip.

As for Tayden at 18 months here are his stats:
Height: 33 inches (90%)
Weight: 22.9 pounds (10%)
So basically so skinny & so long! I bought all these super cute tanks tops & shorts last summer for him this summer & he can't wear them! The shorts fall off & the tank tops look silly on him with his little bird arms! Here is proof about the pants situation.

Poor guy!

Things Tayden is doing at 18 months:
Busy, busy, BUSY!!! I think that is why he is so skinny! He is one busy boy. At home in a controlled environment he is fairly low key but as soon as we leave the house. Wow. I really get a work out.
Talking more and more but we still struggle to understand some of it. Can say McQueen (for Lightning McQueen) though. You would think that would be super hard to say & maybe he is a little ahead in the talking world but it just shows he total & complete obsession with Cars! More simple words like his own sisters name he has said only once or twice. Seriously, how hard is Eme to say? Little stinker.
Loves to line up his cars in random places. And they have to be all pointing the same way. On my birthday (which is the day he turned 18 months) my brother in law watched the kids for us & took a picture of Tayden lining up all the cars on their piano. He had one on every single key & all pointed the same direction. Too funny.
I am thinking he might be ready to start potty training but I don't want to! I swear didn't I just do that with Eme?! He goes into the bathroom, tries to pull down his pants, sit on the toilet & actually says pee pee. Some pretty good indications that he might be ready but he just seems too little. Hopefully I will get over the my baby isn't a baby thing soon to see if he is actually ready.
No longer uses the high chair. He just sits at the bar with Eme & loves it.
Much to my delight LOVES nursery!! In fact one the first times we took him we went a little bit late & all the other kids in there were crying so the teachers were trying to do bubbles to make them happy. We opened the door & Tayden ran in with his arms in the air screaming in delight like he was at a rock concert. The teachers were cracking up. On the other hand sacrament meeting is a total joke. We never make it past getting the sacrament & one time didn't even make it through the first song. The boy does not like to be contained!
Is obsessed with his blanket. Has three faves. The one my mom gave him being the most favorite with the one his Ashley gave him & the one Ashley's grandma gave him being good substitutions when needed. He also loves his binkie that we probably need to take away but I am so afraid!
Is a really good napper most days & will still take two naps sometimes! That usually only happens if we go somewhere around 10 & he falls asleep in the car for a little bit then I can still put him down that afternoon & he will sleep for a couple hours. That is why I am really worried about taking away the binkie! I will die without the nap time!
He is a fairly good eater with chicken nuggets, fruit & hot dogs being the faves.
Had his first hair cut. It did NOT go well. She somehow managed to get it cut but I don't know how. I had to hold him down while he screamed the entire time. Seriously I took him later that day for his 18 month appointment (yea it was a awesome day) & he screamed harder during the hair cut than the shots. And I didn't even want it cut! Jeremy kept telling me if I didn't take him then he would and I was worried that he would have them cut it all off so I finally gave in. I love his curls & they are here to stay cause I am not taking him again for a long, long time!

We love our busy, skinny, super tall, crazy curly red-headed boy!

2 comments:

Kara Simmons. said...

I had no idea he was in the 90 percentile for height! That's crazy tall and skinny. We love this little guy. He provides great entertainment that's for sure.

Heather said...

He is so stinkin' cute! I love how crazy wild his hair is, just like him. He sure is a cutie!