Monday, July 25, 2011

Kansas week 1 (Mega trip post part 2)

After we left Colorado Springs we drove 3 hours in a pretty crazy rain storm for part of it to Goodland, Kansas. The Days Inn that we slept at & the town (sorry to anyone from Goodland) were nothing to take pictures of. But what was picture worthy was how great my little guy did on the first part of the drive to Kansas! He was awesome! Just needed his gold fish, binkie & favorite movies & he was good to go! Eme has always been a amazing road tripper & this ride was the same for her. She actually feel asleep about a hour before Goodland, stayed asleep as we carried her into the hotel & changed her into her PJs and slept till 8 am the next morning. Pretty nice.After the 6 hour ride through BORING Kansas (seriously it is probably the worst drive ever!) we arrived in Blue Springs, MO home of the Smiths! We were so excited to see them & be done driving!
The next day was Memorial Day. The Hunsakers came to join us for a little BBQ & slip n slide fun.
Eme isn't a huge fan of slip n slides so she just watched.




Oh my skinny boy. Now you are seeing that 10% for weight huh? I promise I do feed him!
How funny is Talan's hair & Shelbie's expression? Janel & I about died laughing at this picture!

Eme, Kambryn, Sam & Sadie. Such cutie girls!
After the BBQ we went to a Royals game. Sadly about the only person that truly enjoyed it was Jantsen. Kyle was having major allergies, Eme & Kambryn both feel asleep on Janel & I and Jeremy had to chase Tayden around but this has become a tradition while visiting the KC area.

The next day Jeremy flew home & Kyle had to go out of town for work so it was just Janel & I and the 5 crazy kiddos! We tried to stay busy but also had lots of just hang out time which was good too.
One day we went to feed the elk at a reserve by their house.


On Friday we headed to downtown KC & met up with Daisie & her girls.


Cute Shelbie!

It took Eme a bit to warm up but she did love it in the end!


Saturday my nice brother stayed back with the boys so Janel & I could take the girls to go meet Daisie & her girls for manis & pedis! It was such a fun girly day! Even though Eme is a bit of a tom boy its fun to see her get all excited about getting her nails painted! And it is so fun when we get to spend time with out Tayden. I love my little man but he demands 90% of my attention when we do things so it fun to just focus on Eme.



Silly cousins! I hope your picture turned out better Janel!


I love my girl!


Striking a pose!


We went for ice cream & cookies after. They all wanted the pink sugar cookies with sprinkles. It was pretty funny when we walked in and they all starting screaming that they wanted THAT ONE WITH THE SPRINKLES!!!! What is it with girls & sprinkles?! Eme is obsessed. And I have no idea what is with Eme's face here. She got really good & pulling faces on this trip.

After Janel & I and the girls got home we all went to a park in Overland Park with McDonald's for the kids & Kyle's favorite Oklahoma Joes for the adults. Good food, good company & beautiful scenery. Just wish I would have taken a picture! Oh well I probably wouldn't have liked any picture I was in anyway cause it was WAY stinkin humid that day! The whole time we were in Kansas it was around 90-100 degrees with the heat index. Keep in mind that that was the end of May - Beginning of June! It was crazy hot! That is also when it was so cool at home. One extreme to the next!

No comments: