Thursday, July 28, 2011

Denver (Mega trip post part 4)

Final installment of the mega trip post!
Friday we headed out early to go spend the weekend in Denver with Tayden's birth family. That morning when we woke him up we realised that he just might have gotten what Daisie girls had. He wouldn't eat & had a fever. Fabulous for traveling! He was so miserable! On that 7 hour drive if he wasn't asleep he was whining or crying. It was no fun at all! I starting getting really nervous for how he would be around everyone & if he was just going to pass whatever he had picked up to someone else! Seriously this was June not January! What the heck?!
So we FINALLY made it to Denver. After forewarning everyone we still went over to visit his birth father & family that night. He was super whiny & clingy and wouldn't really interact with anyone but us until about 20 minutes before we left. Definitely not ideal visiting conditions but they were very understanding & we made plans to meet up again before we left.
After that we went over for a quick visit with his Ashley. He was a bit better there.
Love this picture!

The next day we spent with his Ashley. He was still not super happy but we tried to make the best of it. Everyone was so nice about it but it made me so sad that they couldn't see his normally funny, crazy busy personality!
The day we left we met up with his birth father & family again. This is him with his niece & Tayden. Her & Tayden look so much alike. Same curly hair, same eyes, same face shape. The really weird thing is that I don't think Tayden's birth father & his brother look very much alike at all but these guys sure do!

After trying & trying we finally got Tayden to be his cute self with them for a little bit. Tayden has always been more comfortable with men but he never hugs other people but Jer & I like this. It was so cute. I know it meant a lot to his birth father.

That night we met up with most of Ashley's extended family at the park. I say again, they are such amazingly awesome people! I really wish we could see them more! Tayden was still not up to a lot of interaction but Tyler, Ashley's brother would not give up. He kept trying anything to make Tayden happy.

Eme got some fishing in with the help of Ashley's sister. She just loves Olivia as do all of us! She is such a sweetie & treats Eme like her niece as much as Tayden her nephew! I think that is why I love them so much because they give Eme just as much attention as they do Tayden.
LOVE THEM!


Once again I say I am so sad I didn't get more pictures but Tayden was having such a hard time that it made that pretty hard. He had that dang binkie in his mouth most of the time anyway. We thought we were going to have to take it away completely when we got home but once we were home he went back to just wanting it for sleep. Thank goodness.

Other that the sickness (which he did end up getting a ear infection & so did I but that's another post!) we had such a great trip! Thanks for everyone who spent time with us on our journey & especially those that let us stay at their house! We love you all & can't wait to see you again!

No comments: