Thursday, July 28, 2011

Kansas week 2 (Mega trip post part 3)

The second week the kids & I headed down to the Hunsakers. That Monday just happened to be Daisie's birthday so we had to celebrate that day as best we could with 5 kids in tow. Later that night we were able to get a babysitter (her hubby was also traveling that week) and hit up a movie & dinner without kids. We just might have been yelling "free at last, free at last!" when we left her house :) We love our kids but man is a good to have a break!
Later that week we went to the cutest little farm in Overland park. Janel & the kids joined us. Eme's favorite thing was feeding the baby goats. She loved it. It was so fun watching her being the little mother. She has very recently been very into babies & dolls so this was right up her alley. She never really cared before so it is fun to see this nurturing side of her. And these baby goats loved her! They were all fighting over her bottle!

Tayden liked it at first then started to get a bit nervous.
See they loved her! So cute!



The rest of the week we shopped, went to a splash park & hit up a couple favorite places to eat in KC. Oh and we went to the doctors multiple times for Daisie's girls. Poor things had major ear infections & coughs. I was a bit nervous about my kids catching something but at that point I thought we will just have to pray we don't get it!

This is how the girls spent a lot of time when we were at Daisie's house. Taking turns on the computer. And they all had to sit there & watch the other one play. Too funny.

On Thursday we were so happy to see Jeremy when he flew back. We spent that afternoon showing him the cute farm & found some things that we didn't see before.
Oh my poor boy gets so flushed when he is hot!

If we ever make it back to Kansas City again this will be a for sure thing to do!

That night we were supposed to head back to spend our last night there with Janel & the kids but they were all sick too! So since we already knew the germs we were around at Daisie's we decided to stay there. Sad we missed out on some final cousin playing time!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

What a crazy week with sicknesses and all. But I am so glad we had a great time! Love you guys!

Heather said...

How fun! I seriously don't know how you travel so much with your kids. You are a great mommy! It was so fun to see you this weekend!

Daisie said...

I hope you know how much I love you coming out to see us!! I feel horrible about the timing of the lame sickness! But I love how we can find fun during any situation!! Can't wait to have you back again!! So glad we are friends! Love ya!!