So Eme has been a really good baby from the beginning. Even through her teething stages I really couldn't complain. Lately I have been finding myself getting more and more agitated with her and over the stupidest stuff. She is miss adventurous and this is cute for about 2 minutes. Her new favorite thing is to climb on anything. Her favorite, the chairs in our kitchen and then unto the table. We have had one fall, I am very surprised we haven't had more. Well yesterday I began to see how many injuries we are going to see in the future because of this new found side of Emerson. We started out the day with a little chair climbing but having both Jeremy and I there we were able to escape any injuries. After that we decided to bundle Eme up (for some dumb reason Jeremy and I thought it was cold) and go on our daily walk. We get to the garage and I open it and Eme doesn't wait till it gets all the way up and runs right into it. It was crazy. We do this daily and she has never done that but there we go. So after a couple minutes of crying, she is off finding something more to occupy her curiosity. I wasn't paying attention to where she was at and Jeremy was getting the stroller out. So she found Jeremy's bike which she pulled down on top of her and got her head stuck between the seat and the handle bars. After we got her out of that jam (well Jer got her out cause he got mad at me and said that I was getting her more stuck) and some serious crying, we headed on our walk which was fun. We stopped at the park and Eme loved that. So later that day when Jeremy was napping (he works graves, remember?) our neighbor came over. Most of you know that we have the ever popular house plan, the split entry. We have had a gate on the stairs but Eme gets the going down the stairs thing fairly well now so we occasionally leave it open. So yesterday was the day that Eme decides to slide down the stairs on her face. I was picking something up and looked up to stop her on the last step. Jeremy wakes up to her screaming yet again. I think by this point he is wondering if I ever really watch her. The crazy thing is that my niece did the same thing on Saturday on our stairs except she did the head over feet bouncing fall. I am not sure if she has any marks from her fall but as you can kind of see in this picture Eme has some nice carpet burns. These kids are 15 months and 19 months and now they decide they can't do stairs. The life of a toddler.
Thursday, September 25, 2008
Life with a toddler....
So Eme has been a really good baby from the beginning. Even through her teething stages I really couldn't complain. Lately I have been finding myself getting more and more agitated with her and over the stupidest stuff. She is miss adventurous and this is cute for about 2 minutes. Her new favorite thing is to climb on anything. Her favorite, the chairs in our kitchen and then unto the table. We have had one fall, I am very surprised we haven't had more. Well yesterday I began to see how many injuries we are going to see in the future because of this new found side of Emerson. We started out the day with a little chair climbing but having both Jeremy and I there we were able to escape any injuries. After that we decided to bundle Eme up (for some dumb reason Jeremy and I thought it was cold) and go on our daily walk. We get to the garage and I open it and Eme doesn't wait till it gets all the way up and runs right into it. It was crazy. We do this daily and she has never done that but there we go. So after a couple minutes of crying, she is off finding something more to occupy her curiosity. I wasn't paying attention to where she was at and Jeremy was getting the stroller out. So she found Jeremy's bike which she pulled down on top of her and got her head stuck between the seat and the handle bars. After we got her out of that jam (well Jer got her out cause he got mad at me and said that I was getting her more stuck) and some serious crying, we headed on our walk which was fun. We stopped at the park and Eme loved that. So later that day when Jeremy was napping (he works graves, remember?) our neighbor came over. Most of you know that we have the ever popular house plan, the split entry. We have had a gate on the stairs but Eme gets the going down the stairs thing fairly well now so we occasionally leave it open. So yesterday was the day that Eme decides to slide down the stairs on her face. I was picking something up and looked up to stop her on the last step. Jeremy wakes up to her screaming yet again. I think by this point he is wondering if I ever really watch her. The crazy thing is that my niece did the same thing on Saturday on our stairs except she did the head over feet bouncing fall. I am not sure if she has any marks from her fall but as you can kind of see in this picture Eme has some nice carpet burns. These kids are 15 months and 19 months and now they decide they can't do stairs. The life of a toddler.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
such funny stories! But poor Eme! She just wants to explore a little.
Poor Eme! Well since my kids have no problems falling down stairs, tripping on rocks, or falling off bikes or anything, I don't really have any advice. (yeah right)haha...somedays you want to just put them in a bubble.
She's just getting you ready for more.. just wait until she is a litte older, the bigger and taller they get, the more they can get into! Good luck! She still is really cute!
She is getting so big! I can't believe it! I am glad you had fun in Kansas with Daisie! You all look like you are had a ton of fun!
Post a Comment