Sunday, September 21, 2008

Silver Lake

This weekend was so fun. With Jeremy being on his new schedule of working every Friday and every other Saturday night, our weekends are not too exciting usually. But this weekend Jeremy got Friday night off and it was his schedule Saturday night off so we lived it up! Friday afternoon we went up to the cabins right across from Silver Lake up Big Cottonwood Canyon. Our friends, the Moirs, had the cabin for the week and invited us to stay with them. We had a blast! When we got up there the weather was perfect so we went for a walk around the Lake. About 2 minutes into the walk Eme wanted out of her stroller and so Jeremy let her out. I thought this was kind of a bad idea letting a 1 year run around a boardwalk that is right on top of the lake but it wasn't worth arguing about. So Eme loved it for about 15 minutes till she feel off the boardwalk into the lake. Thankfully, it was a part that had a lot of marsh on top of the water so we were able to scoop her up before she got too wet. Too say the least, she spent the rest of the walk in the stroller. Of course my camera died right before this happened so I didn't get too many pictures of our little overnighter. But this rest of the trip consisted of having a BBQ, the girls making headbands while the guys waited impatiently to start the movie, and watching a movie. The next morning we got up and had some breakfast and headed down the road. We wanted to go for a walk but it was raining so we just headed home. It was so fun! Thanks again, Moirs! Oh, and the video is of Eme trying to "ride" Nate's little tricycle. It basically consisted of her sitting on it cross legged while Jer pushed. Fun for all!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I love Eme's little track outfit and her shoes. Too cute! I can't believe she fell in the lake. I would have freaked out and been so made at Kyle if that would have happened to Kambryn. haha...Eme is one tough little cookie!

Sherrie said...

I'm back! Sorry, I think I lost you when I changed formats! I was waiting to see when yours would be updated on my list and when it didn't happen I noticed you weren't even there!

Eme is so cute, and I imagine she'll be a little performer like the little cheerleader. Emma is a performer, but not so coordinated...I see tennis in her future!

Anonymous said...

It looks like you had a blast. We enjoyed seeing you this weekend!

Val Moir said...

It was a fun weekend. We have to do it again asap! We love the Stout Family. Emerson is so much fun (oh, and Jeremy and Kristen are pretty cool too)!

Daisie said...

Looks like a way fun time! Thanks for letting me in on the fun! Great pics!