Oct. 4th=leave for California! We had quite the crew on the flight! Jeremy, I & our kids, Janel with her three (Kyle had to come later in the week), My Mom with Lydia (Kara & Greg drove & met us there) & Kade. So 6 kids and only 5 adults. Good times. Actually they all did really well. And it was a short flight. Thank goodness.
Once we got to California we were a little sad that it was a bit cold! Oh well it can't last right?
The fun of a 15 passenger van filled to the brim!
The rest of that day was spent getting to the beautiful house my Mom rented for us in Mission Viejo, getting settled, eating & playing games.
The next day we woke up to still cool temps but it would warm up right? It is California was heavens sake!
The kids enjoying some fun around the pool. I am so sad I didn't get better pictures of this awesome house!
Eme's face in this picture pretty much sums up her attitude at the pumpkin patch. Not a great parenting moment.
That afternoon we decided to go to Downtown Disney and look around. We were so excited for Disneyland the next day. It had rained on & off all day but we thought it would stop. Well it stopped for a little bit then started pouring! I wanted to get some pictures but the only ones I got were inside & they didn't really turn out. Boo. After running from store to store trying not to get soaked we headed back to the house.
That night we made some preparations in case in rained on us at Disneyland the next day but still planned to go.
Next morning: NOT STOP RAIN!! What the heck?! We decided against risking illness & definite temper tantrums from being wet & cold, & put off Disneyland for another day. After keeping the kids entertained in the hot tub until they were pruny (they didn't care at all that it was raining!) we went to McDonald's. Yeah, McDonald's. On our trip to California. That is what you do when you want to spend all your time & money at Disneyland but the weather is CRAPPY! Dang California.
After we left McDonald's we were trying to think of something fun to do & the sun finally came out! It was like Spring after a long winter! I know I am being super dramatic but I swear rain in California does something to your mood. I actually don't mind rain normally! Anyway the sun came out so we headed straight for the beach!
Two of my favorite pictures from the trip. I love how happy she was in the one above. She, Jantsen & Kambryn were chasing these birds around the end of the pier & thought it was the funniest thing ever!
This one below cracks me up! We asked her if she wanted a picture with the seal & she got into this weird position! I have no idea what she was thinking but it makes for a great picture!
Stay tuned for when we actually do make it to the "Happiest Place on earth" & it DID NOT disappoint!
2 comments:
So cute!!! I'm glad that the weather eventually gets better. The suspense was killing me. I'm so jealous and I can't wait to see the rest of the photo's>
p.s. I love that you describe everything in detail. It's awesome!!!
Eme is hilarious on that seal. I love that she is wrapping her body around it. Thanks for the cute pictures you took of Ldys!
Post a Comment