Being LDS when we started looking into adoption with Eme we naturally felt like we should start the process with LDS family services. We went to a orientation in early December 2006. We left feeling very discouraged. We were feeling so certain in our feelings for adoption so we really didn't know what to make of these feelings. We decided to try more infertility treatments. A couple months went by & I started feeling like we should look at other agencies. I found a couple I was interested in, called them & had them send me some information in the mail. I remember the feeling I had looking through what would become our agency, pure excitement. I called shortly thereafter & then told us to come into their next orientation which was late February 2007. It happened to fall right in the middle of a infertility treatment we were doing. (For those not OBSESSED with the pure miracle of getting pregnant we would go in for the procedure & then have to wait about 10-14 days to see if we were pregnant). So even though this was our 3 one we still had that hope that it would work. That all changed as soon as we walked in the doors of A Act of Love. I remember thinking "I better not be pregnant cause this is where my baby is supposed to find us!" That may sound crazy but I was so certain that our child would finally find us through this channel that I knew if I was pregnant I would miscarry. So after a little convincing with Jeremy (it as A LOT more money than we were planning), working out how we really could do it (that is another miracle story, bless my Uncle!) and making record time for filling out all the paper work, we had everything figured out by the end of March. Eme's birth mom picked us the end of May and she was born about a month later.
So fast forward to a little over a year later. Well lets go back & be truthful. I was ready for another child when Eme was just a few months old. Crazy, I know, but remember she was a super easy baby & I knew there was another child out there so why wait? I was fairly certain that we would adopt our next child but Jeremy needed a little more convincing (what is with men? :) ). So we did a few more infertility treatments & then were both on board that we would be adopting again. We REALLY wanted to go back to A Act of Love but did not see how we could make it work financially. So we made a appointment to go into LDS Family Services. About 15 minutes into the meeting I had a similar feeling that I had the first time I went into A Act of Love! I knew our second baby would come through this channel. Oh it was such a relief! When you know you are making the right choices to find your child. In March of 2009 we were officially approved. We started talking to Ashley in July of 2009 & Tayden was born in November.
Moral of the story: I truly believe that with adoption you need to be in tune on all levels to what you are feeling. If you aren't feeling right about what you are doing to become a parent, look at different options! And if you are LDS, DO NOT feel bad not going through them! I heard two case workers at LDS Family Services say we do not care where your child finds you, just that they do and are sealed to a forever family.
And when you do find your baby you can love the way they look in everything.
Even a silly chicken costume.
Seriously, how did I get this lucky?

3 comments:
I love to hear these stories. I'm so glad that you were in tune with the spirit. Eme and Tayden are so lucky to have you as their parents. I'm so happy for you and I'm so glad that it worked out for you TWICE. You are a wonderful mom and I love you!!!
I am so glad that you are writing all this down and sharing it. What a blessing it is to know that our Heavenly Father has a plan for each one of us! We love your two kiddos and we love you guys too!!
You guys did get so lucky and your kiddos are so lucky to have you. You rock sista friend!
Post a Comment