Sunday, October 4, 2009

Happy Fall Day!

Last year I decorated for Halloween in the middle of September. Yeah, I was a little excited. This year I was still excited but didn't get to it until October 1st. It ended up being a perfect day because I had gotten Eme a Halloween shirt and some Halloween coloring books that I wanted to give her that day anyway and I had planned to make soup for dinner. It was so fun that I thought we will do this every year. The name of the day is still to be decided so if you have any good suggestions, let me know. Here are our decorations this year...This I am still trying to figure out where to put. Every year I want to put pictures of Eme in her costume from the year before. It is fun to look back at how cute she was as a Lady Bug!
Remember way back in February when I said I wanted to make more homemade decor? Well this is my attempt again. I took this plate that was all black that I used to have a plant on and painted the inside and got Halloween rub ons. I am pretty happy with the way it turned out. I want to attempt to make a Halloween tree that I saw on someone elses blog. I will let you know if I get around to it or not.
The shelves in all their glory.

Eme opening her Fall day gifts.
And no she is not afraid of the bag, even though that would be funny cause it says Boo! She has been covering her eyes sometimes when we take her picture. I can't tell if she really think we take too many pictures of her, the flash bugs her eyes or she is being funny. Maybe a little of all three.
Cute shirt from Target.
And fun coloring books.


What are your fun fall traditions?

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Is it okay that I start copying this fun tradition? I love the idea!! oh and I put my decorations up the middle of Sept this year...I love Halloween and Fall!!

Angie said...

Thanks for letting me view your cute blog. You are such a cute mom. I love that you gave Em a gift for Fall day. I love to have any reason to give a gift.

Coombs Family said...

Your decorations look great!